Avenue Flo: Special Delivery isn’t really the kind of game that will have you stumped for hours. It’s meant to be an easygoing, relatively easy adventure. But even so, there are a few spots where you may find yourself getting stuck or needing some help, so here are some hints and tips to get you through each neighborhood.
Neighborhood 1: Avenue Flo
There are a few tricky tasks in this first neighborhood, but don’t get frustrated… check out these hints!
- Going cuckoo trying to find the tenth burp cloth? It’s inside a drawer.
- Can’t figure out who owns the car with the ‘soap star’ license plate? Show the car photo to Lani the librarian. She knows everything.
- Can’t figure out how to get the striped sock? Derek could use binder clips to hang his laundry… where might you find a box of those?
- Can’t figure out how to get the detergent unstuck? Just HANG around the Laundromat some more to find a solution.
- Can’t find ticket 33? The folks who took it are eating lunch someplace.
- Can’t get everyone to be quiet at the library? There’s a video game book high up on a shelf that would interest Kingston. Grab a pamphlet from Barb’s table for Colin the Cellphone Addict.
- Can’t find the Sprout Girl badge? She says she took the blue line to sell cookies in the park. Perhaps she dropped it on the way.
- Can’t find all the bottles? They’re only in the street scenes, never indoors. There’s one orange bottle behind the fire hydrant near the Laundromat that’s especially tough to spot.
- Can’t find all the balloons? The green balloons tend to be the hardest to find. Check the trees in every scene. There’s a tricky green one behind one of the lion statues at the library too.
Here are some activity tips:
- Try to be systematic about trying on different clothing items. If the outfit isn’t correct, it doesn’t mean that you need to change all 3 items. There might just be one item that’s wrong.
- Don’t wait for a book to fall onto a conveyor belt before changing the belt’s direction. Set up your conveyor belts ahead of time.
- Don’t wait for a book to fall into the bin before configuring the belts for the next book. As soon as you have the correct path set up for a book, keep your eye out for the next book.
- Say the items aloud as the customers request them. If all else fails, jot the orders down!
- Try some trial and error… don’t try to figure it all out in your head. Just start putting desserts onto the tray and then see what’s working and what’s not working.
- Level 1: There’s a rule about chocolate not touching desserts with sprinkles. The way to handle this is just to NOT use the creampuff with sprinkles. Use the chocolate one instead.
- Level 2: This one’s easy enough to figure out yourself!
- Level 3: Put the cupcake and cheesecake in the middle row.
- Level 4: The sprinkle creampuff is the only one that can go in the middle. Put strawberry tarts in the four spots adjacent to the creampuff, since no chocolate can touch it.
- Level 5: Again, put a sprinkle creampuff in the middle spot. Use 4 fruit tarts in the corners.
Neighborhood 2: Yum Yum Square
This neighborhood is actually easier and quicker to get through than the first, but there might still be a few tricky spots.
- Can’t figure out how to get Harmony to give you the red bulb? The solution is right in front of you in the Art Gallery—no need to leave the scene.
- Can’t find a kite string? Click on the empty basket next to the Tooth Guy.
- Can’t find a gear for Wilson? Look closely near the tourists.
- Can’t find all the balloons? Check all the trees, especially in the park. The green balloons can be especially tough to spot.
And some activity tips…
Baby Food Activity
- Don’t randomly clear groups from the board. Try to find a fruit or veggie that has only one valid path, so that you know you’re clearing a group that’s part of the solution.
- As the hint button suggests, try starting in the corners or along the edges.
- And if you’re still stuck and don’t want to skip it, here are the answers to the last 3 levels:
- Fit shapes as close to the edges of the dough as you can.
- Upside-down shapes often fit nicely together with right-side-up shapes.
- If you miss a cookie, don’t get flustered—just let it go and move on to the next one.
- Push the button well before the cookie is underneath the nozzle, otherwise you’ll miss it.
- Think fruit. Think veggie.
- Take advantage of the Hint button, which will place a letter for you. Sometimes the longer words are easier than the shorter words.
Neighborhood 3: Bistro Bay
- Can’t finish Starla’s disguise? Look around the neighborhood for a baseball hat. And find the biggest pair of sunglasses in the shop.
- Can’t get the shoes away from Skillet? Check Quinn’s bedroom for a shoebox with something hidden inside.
- Can’t figure out how to clean the highchair in the Baby Craze Superstore? Check around the customer service area.
- Can’t figure out how to get the Baby Cry Analyzer? Give the broken one to Tyler, and then give him a map from the information desk.
- Can’t find all the balloons and bottles? Double check all the cars in the traffic jam. There’s also a tricky bottle on Flo’s neighbor’s apartment.
This is probably the toughest activity in the game. The level specific hints should help, but here are a few solutions for the trickiest levels:
Quinn’s clothes all look the same! Having trouble finding the difference?
Jacket 1: check the zipper pull
Jacket 2: check the pockets
Jacket 3: the color of one of the side stripes is different
Jacket 4: check the zipper stitching
Blouse 1: check for buttons
Blouse 2: check the collar ruffles
Blouse 3: one sleeve is not ruffled enough
Blouse 4: one ruffle near the shoulder is missing
Skirt 1: check the flower center color
Skirt 2: one pleat is missing
Skirt 3: check the waistband
Skirt 4: check the red hem
It can be tough to get the gifts positioned the way you want. Here are some tips:
- Gifts will rotate or ‘swing’ around whichever point you grab them on. So if you want to get a horizontal box to be vertical, grab it by the end. If you want to prevent a gift from rotating, grab it in the middle.
- Friction is your friend. You can stack two gifts with slanting sides on top of each other without them slipping.
Keep your eye on the Help Panel text as you move from one point to another in the maze. Flo will give you hints about which way to go. The ambulance is in the upper right corner.
Do you have any tips of your own? What do you think of the game? Tell us in the comments!
Written by: Michelle
Games in this post: Avenue Flo: Special Delivery